Before kids, in what almost feels like another universe but for the persistent consistency in my heart, I majored in Theology with goal of teaching within and without of the church. But then David and I had babies – a whole lot of babies – and that goal slowly pressed down into reality and transformed into flesh and bone and blood and birth and the training of hearts and the teaching of Jesus-stories and arithmetic at the kitchen table.
I would love to teach at your event!
^^^ See that? That’s what I’m supposed to write on this page, and I’m leaving it here because it’s true. But we “speakers and teachers” are a dime a dozen in the blogging world, and the apostle James tells me that not many of us ought to aspire to such a thing. I feel the caution deeply.
Still, here’s what I know to be true:
The Spirit is about the business of raising up daughters to prophecy. And to the end that I am ever offered the opportunity, teaching and speaking upon the Word of God and the Word of Life remains one of my greatest joys. Connecting with women on a heart level is a desire and ability I hold with open hands to Jesus, amidst all these kids and dishes, and amidst all these written words.
I have experienced the Presence of the Holy Spirit in the deepest and most shame-filled places of my own heart, and I love to encourage women to “go there” with Jesus – to face with Him the hidden places in their own lives, to discover his profound compassion, to receive the kind of heart-healing and encouragement that propels us into the freedom for which we’re called.
What I teach:
I’ve absolutely loved the chances I’ve had to leave my kitchen table and speak at retreats and church groups; here’s an example of what I can offer:
- Encouragement: you have the freedom to follow the Holy Spirit in your own school as you plan, schedule, and structure your days. You have permission – and the responsibility – to let him be your own teacher and guide! You can do this!
- For the Hard Times: how do you school through the hard seasons – death, illness, stress, moves, deployments, pregnancies? Will your children be all right? Here are practical ideas, perspective, personal stories, and hope. You can do this! They are going to be okay!
- Perspective: Why we do this. The hidden linings. This session can be used to think through purpose, determine goals, search the heart and remember what each of us individually is about. It can also touch on the more challenging spots of homeschooling – spirited children, spouses who aren’t involved as we might hope, health issues – to help find the silver lining which can be harnessed into strength and joy.
- Practical Instruction: Hands-on classes on how to do “the extras that aren’t extras at all” – picture study, nature study, etc. Let me show you how we do these things, and others, in our home.
- Inspiration: The talk “A Good Land” is one I gave at a Charlotte Mason retreat in Texas. It is vision-casting reminder of how and why we do this thing we do, who God is to us in the midst of it, and the legacy we are leaving to our children.
Scripture Exegesis & Exposition
- Knowing Jesus and Finding Ourselves Known (theme-specific or generalized)
- Inviting the Spirit Into Broken Places
- Verse or Passage specific talk: word study and encouragement to deepen communion with God
Surviving Sexual Abuse*
- Facing It: Journeying with the Spirit into the pain we’d rather forget
- Encouragement from Scripture: who God is, who we are, what we mean to him and how this connects with the stories of both our futures and our pasts
- Why you don’t have to minimize abuse in order to heal and forgive: Yes, the Cross was for the sins we committed…it was for the sins committed against us, as well
- My own story of on-going healing
Yes, I want to hear from you!
Whether about something you’ve read, or an inquiry about speaking/teaching, or absolutely anything on your heart–
In need of a website or blog,
and you like what you see here or at another website built by me? I’d love to create something for you. Let’s connect and discuss options and pricing–